Rapid prototyping is an iterative process. That is, in refining the prototype there is likely to be a need to repeat a series of steps until acceptance has been gained. Essentially, the developer should use the information gleaned and feedback received from the client and/or end-user to rework the prototype as necessary until agreement is reached by all parties. In the unlikely event that agreement cannot be reached after a comprehensive series of reworks then the feasibility of the development under the current constraints needs to be re-examined.
Benefits of Rapid Prototyping
- Avoid misunderstandings and better quality system delivered
- Identify problems early on and improvement
- More involvement for client and end-user
- Fulfill far closer user requirements
- Cost savings and speed up a project